What happens when you bring social into the workplace?
- Employee voices become important and heard
- Issues rise to the surface, as a result they get addressed, and things become stronger and better
- Your product quality becomes a spotlight – open to attack at any time- therefore will be reinforced by integrity
- Your Customer Service comes under scrutiny – you have to live up to your promises – you are accountable
- Your fans become advocates
- Your critics become the force turning you onto positive change
- You actually start to listen
- Feedback is real and not solicited
- You have the world to answer to. Not just your boss, not just your team or one client. The world.
- You, as a company, must define and know who you are. You don’t just recite a mission statement, you feel it and live it. (If you don’t understand this, read my recent post on Branding)
It shouldn’t be that way, it shouldn’t take all this to make you do all these things for your businesses, but social does do this for you. If forces you to question, to reinforce, to be greater.
- That is why for any business who truly wants to be great (or thinks they are already) – getting into social is one hell of a great way to get your business in order!
Every aspect of your business must be aligned.
What’s Holding You Back?
All your fears of getting into social, all your concerns – I believe they all stem from your unconscious belief that you, in fact, are not able to operate in the public eye.
Maybe that’s what companies who are not yet using social, who are dabbling in the sidelines should really think about.
Do you really have what it takes?
Then get on board. Get your business in order. Start showing the world what you’ve really got. Show your employees, your clients and your community. That’s how you’ll grow. That’s how you’ll be better.
Stay where you are and keep doing what you always did – but keep in mind, some of us out there are pushing ourselves to our limits, setting the bar higher, working every day to keep being the best – and guess what, we are your competition .